Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boys Weekend





I've been uneasy for the past day or two and I think I've deduced the cause of said uneasiness. It all began when I noticed that my mom was packing. Now we all know how that distresses me, I have serious issues related to abandonment. I can't even handle it when my mom goes to get the mail, upon her return I'm literally leaping with excitement! So thrilled that she has come back as she promised.  I wonder endlessly where my mom is going, why I can't join her and if she will ever come back.

It's also come to my attention that my uncle Dave will be watching me for the duration my mom is away.  I find that intriguing to say the least, seeing as he isn't what I would call a 'dog person.'  I really really like him a lot though, I adore following him around the house sometimes (i.e. when my mom is gone) and his tennis bag provides an endless supply for smelly tangy things to chew on.  Plus he's brought me on a few car rides (which makes my mom nervous because he takes me out in the extreme heat - don't worry though, he opens the windows).  Furthermore, he takes me on walks and feeds me human food.  So realistically, what is there not to like?  I can only imagine the fun we will engage in.  I haven't had a boys weekend in a really long time so I hope he has things planned, maybe play some card games and watch action flicks while drinking beer my Uncle Joe brews in his garage. Below for your viewing pleasure is a video of some of the fun he and I will be getting into while my lame constantly worrying mother is out of town.





 In other news, I think I may have unintentionally joined a gang.  Mom brought me over to my Aunt Phoebe's parents house where I found FOUR other dogs of all shapes and sizes.  It proved to be a very tense situation as one of the gang members (and arguably the gang leader) is Mick, my arch nemesis.  Things were going ok at first.  Milo and one of the boxers Ellie and I were playing - I think I was asserting my dominance in a very efficient manner.  I don't go about in the traditional sense, thats just not what a gentlemen does.  Instead I hoarded toys, more of my typical M.O.  Anyhow, as I perceive it I was climbing the ranks extremely quickly, just knocking them down a peg one by one. Until Mick walked in.  At first we played and I have to say, what really was going on was a passive aggressive power struggle masked in a game of tug of war.  Then, at some point Mick launched himself at me and before I knew it I was engaged in the second fight of my life! (See "Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk" for prior fighting incident).  Before we could really latch our fierce underbites into one another both of our respective moms bellowed our names and grabbed us, hoisting us both into the air.  It was humiliating.  And just like that my time in the gang was over, it was the coolest hour of my life. 

The Gang. 

Finally, I've noticed my mom has been a bit down lately and I realized why.  She's been slyly submitting my photos to various animal blogs and websites that request a picture of a 'super adorable puppy.'  Needless to say my photos have not been selected.  Now my ego isn't affected in the slightest, I know how fantastic I am and in reality, those websites/blogs are a joke so I wouldn't want my photo on them anyway - bad PR.  Mom however takes it very personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment