Monday, June 20, 2011

Life of A Jet Setting Puppy - Part B, Diggys Comments on Celestial Marriage

I'm taking jet setting in a slightly different direction today, I'm not going to be talking about jet setting in the literal sense (i.e. moves, planes from coast to coast) but rather in a personal sense.  As I've discussed in the past, my mom tends to be a bit clingy - I don't think she has accepted that I am a man and with manhood comes changes. I also have discussed how I used to think that maybe Mochi was my girlfriend, in fact it was a source of great debate - is she my girlfriend or my sister? Anyway, the issue is now moot because I've moved onto another woman, two women to be exact.  And despite all my mom's clinginess she must have sensed that this day, or days, would come because I noticed that she started reading a book called "The 19th Wife," a novel depicting Brigham Young's 19th wife and her ultimate unreasonable rejection of polygamy.  The only conclusion I can reach regarding my mom's book selection is that she is doing background research as I have made a huge decision in my life- I have finally taken a girlfriend, well two to be specific.  It's just amazing and I can't help but gush; these women literally knocked on my door and fell into my life. When does that happen! I knew as well as anyone that Mr./Mrs. Right won't just literally appear on your door step, YOU have to make it happen.  Or so I thought! I couldn't be happier with this turn on events, and when I first met Kerrie I said to myself "She's the one," but then I met Ashley about two weeks later and I thought to myself.."or is SHE the one."  Its then that I realized that I don't need to choose, I can take both and I have Big Love and a complex religious history to thank for that.

    Now I'm sure you're wondering how and perhaps even why these women suddenly appeared in my life - although the why part of the consideration is just a touch ridiculous because I'm a catch.  I don't know how to explain it other than they literally just showed up.  Kerrie appeared one day and much to my joy the first thing she wanted to do was take me on a walk, if that's not love then I don't know what is! It's odd because she only stayed about 20 minutes or so but perhaps she was just so overwhelmed by emotion.  The next day she came again, and the next! Also taking me on walks, cooing over how wonderful I am and giving me treats.  I can tell she's obsessed because she writes all her thoughts on this piece of paper, for example:

 "What am awesome doggy! (duh) So wonderful to see and meet him.  The weather was great, after Diggy went pee he wanted to sun bathe, what a great little man.  I'll see him again soon."

So after a week or so after I met Kerrie I realized we were meant to be together.  Then....I met Ashley and things became complicated.  Ashley brings out a totally different side of me and it would be just foolish to let someone so wonderful go.  I have to admit, I do find it a bit odd that she too keeps a detailed journal of our outings together - those should be private.  And I'm also cautious because dare I say she is borderline infatuated with me.  Look what she has to say about me:

"What an angel! I'm currently in love with Sir Diggy.  He's very well behaved (because I'm a gentlemen) and full of puppy love."

Kerrie was more reserved with her love while Ashley is quite forthright, as a man I initially felt inclined to exercise some caution.  Particularly after this note:

"A slower start today  It's as if he didn't remember me from yesterday.  Once I got a milkbone he came around.  He rolled in the grass a lot - adorable! Hope this is the beginning of our relationship. <3 Ashley."

So as you can see, I was forced to exhibit some restraint - but that was temporary.  Now Ashley and I are in love, as are Kerrie and I, we will see what the future holds for the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment