Thursday, June 23, 2011

Apparently Mom Doesn't Love Me Best

 I'm devastated, just devastated.  Today my mom did something I never imagined she was capable of, she exhibited a truly wretched side of herself and perhaps has altered my perception of her forever.   You're probably thinking to yourself "what could that wonderful woman who worships the ground he walks on have done?" I'll tell you.  She forbade me from going to my first canine birthday party EVER.  I've NEVER been invited to one and today I got an invitation but she said no.  Just ripped my heart right out of my little furry chest.  Oh the opportunity!  Oh the fun I surely missed out on...The party was at the law office and there were two dogs in attendance; Fiona (who is my cousin once removed) and Rocky (the birthday girl who I haven't actually ever met but that's beside the point).  You could tell it was a really special day for everyone.  I know this because the party guests weren't limited to Rocky and Fiona, there were also 8 humans who stopped whatever important lawyerly work they were doing and happily attended so they could watch Rocky and Fiona eat ice cream made especially for dogs.  After the delicious ice cream (or at least I imagine it was delicious, I wouldn't know obviously since my mom ruins everything) Rocky and Fiona gleefully chased each other around the office, played with toys and stole paper. I would have adored that :(  I don't know if I will ever recover from this...I'm a sensitive soul, easily wounded and well, a betrayal like this...only time will tell.  

There should have been Three of these.

Fiona enjoying a joy I'll never know

**The writer does acknowledge that perhaps his mom had a reason for not allowing him to go to the party.  The reason being that one of the writers girlfriends (Ashley) stopped by today to take the writer on a walk.  He supposes there is a slight chance that his mom was attempting to preserve the relationship, as opposed to ruin all of his fun.  Maybe. 

**The writer's mom would like to point out the hilarity of a fancy law firm organizing a party for Rocky, sending out an email, rounding up everyone in the office so we can watch the dogs eat dog ice cream while eating human ice cream. Such a fun idea, I definitely anticipate dog birthday parties this fall (and I know Chelsea will agree). 

2 comments:

  1. OMG digster! your mom totally screwed you by not letting you attend this party! i, myself, threw my pup a par-tay (3 dogs - crazaaaayyy) and boy, you missin' out! hopefully she makes it up to you by singing you the sigma kappa meeting song (bc she is really good at it) and getting a dog bakery to make you a cake!

    haaha miss you lauren, this blog cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo glad you read Diggy's blog! Diggy punished me for not letting him go to the party..I won't reveal what he did because obviously it could make for a decent post..Miss you too! hope everything is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete