Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Has Arrived

Sun Flop
Today I had the first great Sun Flop of the season, which means Spring has officially arrived!  Mom and I were out walking and I was prancing along when I sudden urge came over me, a great sudden urge to roll in the grass and simply bask in the sunlight.  So I did, for quite a while.  Mom pathetically had to resort to dragging me across the grass because when I'm in the middle of a great sun flop I just refuse to be interrupted.  Now I do admit, that sometimes she tricks me by dropping the leash and yelling goodbye while walking away.  Again, and I apologize for this, my canine instincts take over and I'm forced to sprint after her - you can imagine how furious I am when I realize it was just a ploy to force me to end my sun flop.  Anyway, back to Spring.  The arrival of a new season brings so many wonderful things.  Sunshine, tanning, new smells and tastes (including but not limited to barbecued meat, flowers, lotion and salt), and lastly - seasonal fashion.  As my readers know, I like to occasionally comment on the trends and today is one of those days.  But unlike my past critiques today I am going to comment on dog fashion.  I was perusing Teddyhilton.com (the canine equivalent of PerezHilton.com for those of you who don't follow the gossip world) when my eyes were assaulted by the latest breaking news in canine fashion.

And  I quote "All dogs need to wear long pants as opposed to short. I think long is working for dogs. Blue and green, seriously, I am feeling are very kind of cool."


So there you have it readers, dog pants are in - well at least according to Isaac Mizrahi. 


Now in closing, let me demonstrate the otherworldly wrong of Mr. Mizrahi's statement.  


Need I say more? Pure, unequivocal humiliation.





No comments:

Post a Comment