Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

Sitting on Dad's lap in the car. 
Well this was a BIG weekend.  Saturday I got to accompany mom in the car to not one, not two but THREE malls which was incredibly exciting.  I don't know what it is about car rides but it gets my engines going (no pun intended).  On this particular occasion I must say; I got a little reckless.  I put my head out the window while mom was flooring the CRV at a steady 45 mph.  Though I hadn't anticipated how my face would feel once fully immersed in the wind, my slightly bulbous eyes nearly sucked right out of my head.  Naturally I retreated for fear of losing my eyeballs.  I do wish I was allowed into the stores more often, instead I'm stuck waiting in the car like a chauffeur which would actually be perfectly fine if mom let me drive more often.  As payback for a) leaving me in the car CONSTANTLY and b) not letting me practice my driving I tend to destroy whatever I can find.  The occasional receipt, a paper towel or and styrofoam cups.  The one isolated perk of being excluded from everything is comfort.  Since my mom started hoarding 'give away' clothes in the exposed trunk I have really found a great haven for my sunbathing.  Its the perfect spot - its comfortable (I lay on bags of clothing), I get GREAT sun (surrounded by windows) and the view is perfect so I can see when my mom is returning.  So that was basically my Saturday - pretty awesome stuff huh.

Sunday as you all know, was easter and though I am not the religious sort I do love a lovely celebration with friends and food.  Sierra's mom Chelsea threw another fabulous party and per usual, I was invited.  At this point in the game I can barely contain myself when we park illegally in the retail-parking-only spots to go to Sierra's apartment.  The second we pull in I start to cry and cry and cry and nothing mom does can shush me.  I'm consumed by an overwhelming desire to get to my friend's apartment where I can steal her toys, hide them in the corner and jump on the human table to search for food.  I engaged in all three of those activities actually, which I'm sure does not surprise my readers.  The moment the door opened I was off, within mere seconds I had Sierra's BRAND new bone in my mouth and had settled down in a truly fantastic sun patch.  Over the next 6 hours I ate almost her entire bone, pulled her toy box off the book shelf, jumped on the table where the human food was kept (note that someone openly, and idiotically, said I couldn't jump on the table - wrong. I can), stole an entire roll of toilet paper out of the bathroom and ripped hunks out of it frantically because I knew at any second my mom would see me.  It was truly an amazing day, just so much fun.  The people played some absurd game where they acted things out, mom played on the girls and boys team at the same time.  I'm not sure exactly what that says about her gender.  By the end of the day I was exhausted but conflicted because my desire to nap was strong, but one doesn't nap at a party.  Thankfully mom took me home, I fell asleep immediately and suffered from a wicked dog hangover the next day - it was worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment