Sunday, February 20, 2011

A world full of crime!

So the other day I did something I'm pretty proud of, despite the inherent moral corruptness of my actions.  It began simply enough, my mom took me outside with Aunt H and my girlfriend/sister.  However mom had me on a leash while Mochi got to run around and do whatever she wants, its unbelievably unfair.  When my dads around he never puts me on a leash because its a sign of canine servitude which he feels I just can't be a part of.  Dogs will be dogs he says.  Sometimes the jokes on him though because the temptation of running off is just too great (mom loves when that happens).  Anyhow, I was super disgruntled about the whole leash situation and cried and pulled until she shockingly agreed to take me off the leash.  And thank god she did because if she hadn't my plan never would have come to fruition.  The second I felt the release of pressure I took off full speed down the path and leapt up into the bushes.  Poor mom, she innocently assumed I wanted to be leashless so I could play with my sister/girlfriend - she was wrong.  I tore through the bushes and jumped down into the deck of a first floor apartment.  I heard my mom yelling at me, for some reason she hates it when I investigate strangers porches and decks.  She REALLY hates it when I run into open apartments.  I just don't get it.  Its not my fault that the decks are so accessible or that the owners of these accessible decks also leave their back doors open.  I don't do anything naughty, I just like to run in and sprint around a few times and dash out.

So back to my plan - Once on the deck I sniffed around until I found my desired treasure and once I had it in my mouth I got the hell out of there.  When one has stolen property in their mouth, one best leave the scene of the crime quickly.  Back through the bushes I barreled and up to my mom and Aunt H.  I did a few sprints with Mochi all the while holding my prize.  Mom unfortunately caught me and clipped the dreaded leash to my neck which gave me great anxiety because I was absolutely dying to get back to our apartment.

The capture, how embarrassing.
 

I gave my mom a look that hopefully conveyed my absolute distain.  It must have because she gave in, dropped the leash and met me at the apartment door.  I don't understand what she was thinking in the first place, it would have been absolutely insanely risky to have kept me out in public for a second longer.  What if the chickens rightful owners had returned??

My stolen loot. Jackpot.

4 comments:

  1. The concensus yesterday at the house, was that Diggy is just too smart for his own good. How did you know where to go and who had the goods to steal Diggy? A super hero uses his powers for good Diggy - must be bling in those apartments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you Diggy, that chicken has quite a nice paunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this is hilarious and made me laugh out loud in the library. Digglery-do, you never fail to impress! What fine looking chicken, kuddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diggy and I are thrilled his readers are enjoying this as much as he is/I am! Makes me feel much more sane-ish!

    ReplyDelete